Thursday, January 2, 2014

Merry Christmas Lutes!

Christmas break is a time to recover from dead week and finals week! Get extra sleep to recharge for a new semester. To see your family, relatives and your friends and in many cases for international students; to travel home for the holidays!

Many international students are invited to spend christmas in the states with other Lutes and their families. Many of them use this break to travel around the USA while they have a break from classes!

I went to visit my relatives in Portland, Oregon! 

It was nice to have homemade food and decorate our christmas tree. 
PLU Christmas Tree 
There are many Lutes from Portland! I met up with my friends Brenda, Chris and Ben for shopping and people watching downtown! Portland is so WEIRD, and they love it that way! We stopped by Voodoo Doughnuts and got tasty coffee at a cafe we had never been to! 



I also met up with my friend Thomas, who was my orientation guide my first year! How funny is that? We hiked 9 miles and went to Zoo Lights where we met two other Lutes!
Thomas and I at Pittock Mansion
Zoo Lights!
On the train back to PLU I befriended another Lute who I had never met before. I just love the Lute personality; so open and friendly!!! For J-term I am taking a skiing course and I am really looking forward to it! It will be so much fun! Hoping for lots of snow!
Still no snow! But pretty moss!
Luther is keeping warm!
View from Tingelstad! Snow is not far away!
Have a Happy New Year Lutes! 
Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment