Monday, January 6, 2014

Home for Christmas

I hope everyone's having a good start to into the New Year! For Winter Break, I went home to Japan to see family and friends. This was a special time for me because I haven't been home for over a year, and it was really nice for me to spend time with my parents for Christmas and hang out with friends. Furthermore since I became a legal adult in Japan, I wore a kimono, a traditional Japanese clothing and got some pictures taken. Usually, the Coming of Age Day happens during mid-January, but since I needed to be back at PLU for J-term, my parents and I decided to do this while I was visiting them.


All in all, it was a very packed 8 days in Japan. I visited my grandparents, spent time with my parents during Christmas Eve and Christmas, and spent time with friends both from high school and PLU. Although I was very busy during my Winter Break, it was refreshing to see some people who I haven't seen for almost 1.5 years, and it was what I needed before starting J-term. Some of you may have been in the same boat as me; you may not have seen the people who are important to you in a while. But remember to keep in touch with them, because it will be great when you see them again! Well, good luck to PLU students who have J-term, and let's make the best out of 2014!
Love, 
Loana
Christmas tree at home
Metting up with Ann, another PLU student from Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment