Friday, November 3, 2017

Mid-Semester Campus Life - Happiness is a choice


Hello friends! I hope that you are enjoying fall weather whether it is rainy, cloudy, or sunny day. Please stay positive and active during depressing rainy season and stressful school by participating in campus events, hanging out with your friends, and having time for yourself.

I am going to share with you how I stayed positive during nursing school, specifically during and after Mid-term. 

  1. Global Campus Connection game night & Around the World preparation

Planning an event can be stressful with all the preparation, and advertising, and concerns about if there is anybody coming to my event. However, I believe that short-term stress can serve as a motivation for learning. It helps me to form more effective time management strategy, and helps me to expand my consideration while planning events, and it helps me to improve and modify my stress coping mechanisms. Instead of perceiving event planning as a job obligation, I tend to consider it a time to have fun.

IMG_2602.jpgDuring one-hour Game night, we played Pictionary and paper telephone. We had so much guessing what other people have drawn. As the game proceeded, I also noticed that students with different background would have different perspectives or interpretations of a specific word or phase.

IMG_2607.jpg
( * Global Campus Connection is an ISS program that provides platform for mutual learning experience and cultural exchange between international students and current students. ) 




IMG_2633.jpg 



 -------------------------------------------------------
We are busy preparing for Around the World!  If you are hosting a table, it is time to start thinking about the materials you need. A reminder for Around the World:  Wednesday, Nov 15th


I had some fun with the photobooth props --->



2.  Halloween entertainment-- Stay positive by laughing

IMG_2619.jpg

 

 3. Acknowledging your stress, and appreciating things around you.

IMG_2545.jpg
When people tell me, “Camille, you shouldn’t be stressing too much! It is really bad for you.”  I know I should reduce my stress but how do I not stress out when there are so many assignments and exams coming at me? Then I realize that it is impossible to reduce stress but what I can do is to increase my positivity while dealing with stress.
  • Same Amount of Stress with Increase level of positivity and happiness
  • IMG_2588.jpgSame amount of stress is due to unchanged course load despite your stress level
  • How do I increase my positivity and happiness?
  • Try to appreciate things around me by focusing on positive aspect of life.
  • Example of things that I appreciate:
    • My mom and sister care so much about me, and we talk every night
    • I have two awesome roommates, and we support each other
    • Beautiful fall weather
    • more……..



~Camille

7 comments:

  1. That may be a beneficial web page in addition to Lets hope that manager in this blog site is effective in publishing. Although it is so simple in my opinion. Rest room I'm keen on that.See more http://www.grammarsoftware.info/free-online-english-grammar-check-and-correction-software/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good article for students to know about mid semesters and thanks for telling really, visit page worriment of those individuals can't be depicted who are confronting insufficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with this. I like the silver colour https://www.casestudyanalysis.net/effective-analysis-of-case-study/ very much and it really looks so wonderful. Thank you for sharing this up in post mate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a good and informative post. I will soon share your blog with my friends and I hope that they will get benefit from the information https://www.casestudywriting.com/how-to-write-a-case-study/ you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite true reality that we must choose happiness in every step of life. This is really good for students and here https://www.phdresearch.net/secrets-of-writing-phd-in-cancer-research/ i can get all kinda sttements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be ready and prepare for the online games with the visit paper writer reviews on site for tips and tricks they have shared on this blog. I appreciate them for offering such kind of worthy information to us. I am highly satisfied with this blog for offering these services to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vocational training is very important with site https://melos.com.ar/273939-2/ the regular study. In this type of the study, you can learn the experience of the future career and makes your future. Lots of the training center give this opportunity to you. You must learn this vocational courses.

    ReplyDelete