Friday, November 10, 2017

Intramural Sports at PLU!


Hello again! We're back this week with another edition of Guest Blog Posts! This time, we'll introduce a fellow Lute, Tiffany, who just recently came to PLU in Fall 2017. Tiffany talks about her experience playing intramural sports here at PLU as a new international student:

Hi, everyone!

I am Tiffany Huang. I am an international student from China. I spent all my past years in China. This is my first time to come to America and to study abroad. I am still trying to get used to my new school life at PLU.

Life here is totally different from the life that I had in China. I am experiencing a lot of new things here and having a lot of fun. I would like to share my story of participating in the intramural sports games at PLU.

PLU Intramurals!

My friends created a team for the intramural soccer league. When they invited me to join the team, I accepted it. After that I also joined their badminton and the basketball intramural teams. I am never good at sports. I only played badminton,when I was in China. I have never played soccer and basketball. When I told my Chinese friends I am in a soccer and basketball team now, they all laughed at me. They couldn’t imagine that I would ever play soccer.

Intramural Soccer on Foss Field!
Our team name is The Vegetables, which means we don’t really care about the result of the game, and we just want to enjoy the game and be happy, just like vegetables. As I don’t know how to play soccer, I didn’t help a lot for our soccer games, but I really enjoy every game with our team members. My job mostly is the cheerleader. I was there to support our team every game, although I didn’t play. I met a lot of wonderful friends from our Vegetables team. It is a really happy thing to see us making progress, and experiencing wins and losses with my friends. We made it way farther than we expected to. We almost became the champions, but lost the championship games at the end. I still think the Vegetables are all champions.

Now we have also created our basketball team. We won the first game on Tuesday. This is also my first time playing basketball. I think it is super interesting and fun. I can’t wait for the next game. Now my Japanese friend, Yohei, is my basketball teacher. He teaches me to play basketball every week. I hope we can become the champions this time for the basketball intramural league.


Basketball's an intense sport!
Don’t just study at university. Come to join us! Intramural sports are a great chance for students to do some sports, make more friends and have a lot of fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment