Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Respond to Your Opportunity!



For those who work hard would deserve successful career path, I am writing this. I do not mean that I am on successful career path, but I would still like to share what happened to me for the last few days. Last week, I set up my Career Connections Opportunity Board and updated the necessary documents to apply for an internship I was interested in, and I got the opportunity!

You may have some friends around you who are doing internships or working, or you may be the one who is doing so now. It often sounds challenging for International Students to get an internship or work offer due to foreign status. However, there are still many opportunities around you. Regardless of the firm size or renown, I would like to recommend you to challenge the internship if it is related to your career path because there are a lot of things to learn at a real firm.

To make these things happen, you will want to search Career Connections Opportunity Board. You can use search bar to find the webpage below, and click the black box with the Career Connections sign to go onto the next picture 

 

You will be able to see this page now if you have clicked the Career Connections Opportunity Board box. If it is the first time that you are trying, you would see 0% profile complete (mine shows 83%). Click the %, then it will navigate you to what needs to be done. Here is another amazing thing I would like to share.  I updated my resume and cover letter a few weeks ago, and Career Connections gave me advice via email after looking it over. I can revise it either by myself at home or with an adviser at the office. I think this system is efficient in that it does not bother my time but helps a lot.  

Once you are done with creating your profile, click Jobs and see what are the opened opportunities for internship and work.



If you do part-time CPT (Curricular Practical Training), it will not affect your OPT (Optional Practical Training). If you can do CPT while you are studying at PLU, I believe you can build more experience and enrich your skills for your  next career path.

5 comments:

  1. The students with the foreign status must be given more value because they are going to praise you int he coming years and will tell others as well about the University and http://www.resumetemplates2018.com/current-resume-trends-2018 because they have learned from us the best we could give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all legit sources in our respective fields because we understand the needs of http://www.resumetips2018.com/fonts-to-use-on-resume-2018/ in our fields and know that how they can help us in gaining the right solutions during our problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding the right opportunity at the right time is a blessing for a person because not every person has the same chance so http://www.resumeexamples2018.com/best-free-resume-templates-2018/ helps the students to grab what is inside and how can we grab such opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you think that some of the opportunity matches your abilities so you need to see this here and apply for that because these opportunities are coming in very few numbers now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no answer for that as this comes with the passage of time and you have to be patient for this. For this you need to click http://www.resumeformat2018.com/skills-and-achievements-on-resume-2018/ and gain what is better for you inside.

    ReplyDelete