Monday, March 5, 2018

IPA Trips to Downtown Tacoma & Crystal Mountain

Hi everyone,

I hope you all have been enjoying your classes and burdensome assignments. Those assignments are surely nutritious for our brain and mental strengthening. If you are stressed, not a good sign, it means you need some fun activities to refresh (and go back to study with refreshed mind). 

Because I was stressed during the first and second week of this semester, although I am more stressed now, I went to Downtown Tacoma and Crystal Mountain Ski trips. I had so much fun in both trips, and I would like to share the stories with you. 

For the first ISS trip, we went the Museum of Glass. We watched glass blowing and glass arts. The glass sculptures were so beautiful that I really wished to have those. The weather was good, clean, and chill, so we spent most of time inside. On the way to the Ruston street for the lunch, we took some photos and moved very quickly (Ruston is well-known place to Tacomans for a good restaurant district and the fourth of July celebration place). Ruston street is also highly recommended to go.


On February 17, we went to the Crystal Mountain to ski and snowboard. We were scared a little bit because our van slipped a little on the snowy road. Later we found the tire chains, so we could have a safe drive home. It was stormy day that many skiers and snowboarders got hurt by the snow particles. The little snow particles literally slapping my face. The powder condition, though, was good. Snowboarding for an hour and coming back to the lounge to have some noodles, my body started melting, and a dew under my nostril. After having a quick lunch and snowboarding one-two hours, the time was up to go back. We struggled with using tire chains, and it took much time and energy from us, but I was so much appreciated by that everyone helped to get over the severe situation. A trip always takes us somewhere that creates memories whether good or bad, but it becomes a fun memory eventually. 


 Resting is good and necessary just like the steak becomes more delicious after resting it. I think it is fun to have a break with friends at the fabulous trips of IPA-ISS. Make memories and experience new things.

Don't be normal, but delicious!

Cheong Wun Cho

No comments:

Post a Comment