Friday, February 23, 2018

Winter Break & J-Term!

Hello again,

This is Joel and I'm excited to be back, blogging about my adventures and life happenings since December. In December, I went back to Malaysia for 10 days and had a blast! I had not seen my grandparents for over 3 and a half years, and many of my friends for over 5 years so that was an awesome time!

I did so much in Malaysia: I had a big photoshoot with my relatives from my dad's side, had a Christmas party with my friends, and spent a lot of time with my parents, grandparents, friends and cousins!

Here are some pictures from the trip:
Myself, parents and grandpa!
 
Us cousins :)
 
Victor, myself and Adric (Childhood best friends)
 
Christmas party with the classmates!


After the Malaysia trip, I returned to the U.S. and had drill weekend with my National Guard unit in January. It was extremely cold but I learned a lot as we dealt with a live hand grenade range. It was my second time throwing a live hand grenade and I enjoyed it tremendously!
 
Over J-Term, something huge and amazing happened in my personal life as well, I started dating this wonderful lady, Jayden, whom I've known for quite some time now. She's also in an Army ROTC program and she's from Illinois! We've been together since January and the next time we'll be together again, she's coming to visit Washington :) 
 
 
Jayden and myself at the Chicago Bean!

  
I'm excited for what the future holds for us. I will also be graduating and commissioning in about exactly 3 months from now, and am ecstatic about becoming an Infantry Second Lieutenant with the U.S. Army. Wish me the best of luck!
 
 
May 25th 2018 :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment