Friday, January 27, 2017

J-Term & Winter Break at PLU

Hey, it's been a while.

I hope you're doing great! As you might have known, Fall semester ended about midway through December and it was the Winter Break all through early January.

Over the break, my parents came to visit and we had a snowy and fun-filled road trip to Oregon, Idaho and Montana. We stayed for a couple days in each State and finally returned back to Tacoma, where they spent the remainder of the time with me. We took some fun family photos as well!

Our family at a restaurant in Butte, Montana.
A day after my parents returned to Malaysia, J-Term classes began so I had to get ready for that. This J-Term, I'm taking Military Ethics, and it fulfills a requirement for ROTC. It has been a very interesting and resourceful class, I can definitely apply what I've learned to my career in the Army.

Something else that went on during J-Term was Land Navigation courses the ROTC battalion. We went to Fort Lewis, and practiced our land navigation skills by finding points only with a compass and map. Not only did we practice land navigation, our instructors demonstrated how we could start and keep a fire alive during wind and rain. 


Lastly, I would be heading to Alaska for 4 days on Feb 1st so that should be fun. I'll be back to help the International Student Office with moving in and transportation of new students from the airport. Spring semester is almost here and I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Joel Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment