Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break in Vancouver

Relaxing at a park
Hi there! Midterms managed to creep up on me just like last semester. Before I knew it, I had exams, papers, and projects due for classes, so I was scrambling around trying to keep track of assignments. After having a couple of very busy weeks, the week that I have been waiting for arrived...SPRING BREAK!

A group of my friends and I drove up  to Vancouver, Canada to relax and celebrate my friend's 19th birthday. It was a really nice vacation: I walked around downtown Vancouver, finished a lot of reading (I'm one of those people who like to read for fun), read in a park by the bay, and shopped. I even got to meet up with some of my friends from high school who attend UBC (University of British Columbia). Since I did not have a big budget to spend on a trip, this was perfect. It was a 3 hour drive from PLU, so traveling didn't take up much time. Furthermore, I got to go to a different country, which was definitely a great experience.
Downtown Vancouver from my window
Meeting my friends from high school at UBC


So now that Spring Break is done, I'm back at PLU ready to finish off the last 2 months of my freshman year. I'm not going to lie...I'm feeling a little nervous of the end, but I'm also excited. While I'm going to be busy finishing off the school year, I'm also going to treasure the memories that I have made and am going to keep making with the wonderful people here at PLU. As spring comes and the weather gets better, I'm sure it's going to be beautiful here on campus! I'll definitely have some pictures of the campus in my next post, but for now I will leave you with this:
Cherry blossom tree on campus. 

With love,
Loana


No comments:

Post a Comment