Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Very Vietnamese/American Thanksgiving

Hello all

I haven't talked to you guys for like 3 weeks already. Hope you guys didn't forget about me yet.

I guess I want to take a break from all the Nursing  related subjects and focus on "life" once in a while :)

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Did you eat a lot? Study? Did you score big on Black Friday?

Well, for my part I got invited to my friend's family's Thanksgiving because I don't have my family here .

It's a Vietnamese / American Thanksgiving because they we had both cultures mixed together. My friend's family came to the U.S about 15 years ago and so they are very familiar with the American culture but yet, they still have their own culture.

Therefore, instead of just Turkey, Ham, Mashed potatoes and gravy, and pies, we had tons of Vietnamese foods as well.

It is very interesting for me to see because I had never been to a Vietnamese family's Thanksgiving dinner before since I used to stay with American host families.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and were able to use this break to relax and to do some stuff outside of school.

Sincerely,
Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment