Sunday, September 11, 2022

My Okinawa Trip in Japan!

Hi everyone! It's Rei :) I hope you all had a great summer! During this summer 2022, I was back home in Japan! Since it's still hard to travel to some Asian countries, I would like to share some of my experience in Okinawa, which is southern-most prefecture in Japan. 

A little bit of Okinawa

Okinawa is a prefecture in Japan consisting of more than 150 islands in the East China Sea between Taiwan and mainland Japan. It is known for its tropical climate, wide beaches and coral reefs, and World War Ⅱ battlefields. The largest island (Okinawa Prefecture) is home to the Allied invasion of 1945, and the Churaumi Aquarium, home to whale sharks and manta rays! 




And here is where I went and what I did!



Scuba diving in Okinawa is one of my most memorable experiences! Many Japanese beaches are dark-colored and not very beautiful (in my opinion), but the ocean in Okinawa is clear and nice! 







Clownfish!!
It was bigger and cuter than I had imagined. We got close to the fishes while feeding them, so we were surrounded by them too. It was very exciting to see the fishes up close.














After exercising by scuba diving, we went to eat shaved ice recommended by locals. The tropical shaved ice with mango and pineapple was a perfect combination of sour fruit, condensed milk, and fluffy ice!








What I wanted to do but couldn't😭

Visiting Shurijo (Shuri Castle)! Shuri Castle was the political, diplomatic, and cultural center of Ryukyu Kingdom, which was established in 1429, It flourished for about 450 years until 1879, when the last king, Shoutai, handed it over to the Meiji government. The castle was built it in the middle to late 14th century. The main hall and other buildings were designed national treasures before the war, but were destroyed by fire during the Battle of Okinawa. The castle is often restored, and right now it is in the middle of a long-term restoration project that will continue until 2026, so I was unable to visit this summer :(
It would take a long time to tell you everything I did in Okinawa, so I will end it here. I hope I have been able to share some information Okinawa! If you would like to know more about this area, come into our Office and ask me about it! Good luck on the new school year!! 

-- Rei 

No comments:

Post a Comment