Friday, March 10, 2017

Spring Term 2017

Hi again everyone,
 
This is Joel and for my blog this week, I'd like to talk about certain events during Spring Semester and my trip to Alaska after J-Term, right before Spring sem.
 
I went with my buddy Alex, and we had lots of fun in Anchorage. Here are some pictures from the trip
Rail road station that was close to our hotel
 
Snow on the ground at night
 
Scenery of downtown Alaska during the day

 
Apparently to the concierge, this bear was once alive and now preserved!
 
 

After the trip to Alaska, Spring semester started and I dived head first into ROTC and academics. As a MSIII Cadet in ROTC, this semester is the busiest as we're preparing for Advanced Camp during the Summer, and I'm also going on a training deployment to Tanzania.

Just a couple hours ago, we also held a JROTC competition for local high schools and their JROTC cadets came and competed against one another. Here is a short video clip of my event that I was in-charge of today, the Relay Event. I was the Officer-in-charge of this event so I planned and executed it, along with other cadets who helped.


At the end of March, we're also heading to Phoenix, AZ for a basketball game and just to visit and hang out.

For my academics, I'm taking 2 Computer Science classes and a Communication Capstone. So there's also a lot of work to be done on this front. However, I'm enjoying life and work at the International Office is going great as well. Speaking of which, we welcomed about 7 new international students to PLU and at the time of writing, all that I've kept in touch with seem to be enjoying life at PLU and that's great!

The next time I blog would be after my trip to Phoenix, and also after other ROTC events so look forward to hearing from me again!

Thank you,
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment