Sunday, October 25, 2015

Last Semester at PLU... For now :)

Hi everyone!

I'm super excited yet somewhat sad that I'd be leaving PLU after this semester. However, this is not the end of my time at PLU, as I hope to be back in spring 2017! Fall 2016 if possible. #fingerscrossed :) So, what's going on, exactly?

So recently, I enlisted in the U.S. Army Reserves under the enlistment program, MAVNI (Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest). MAVNI basically provides a pathway for certain legal non-citizens (non-green card as well) to obtain their citizenship through serving in the U.S. Army. The best thing about this program is that enlistees should expect to receive their citizenship during IET(Basic Combat Training + Advanced Individual Training), which would happen at least 6 months after enlistment.

As of right now, I have 3 more months to go before shipping to IET in early February. As a result, I have to quit my schooling for a while and complete my training, as well as obtain my citizenship before returning to PLU and Washington. My training would last a good 4 months so I would be out of Washington for that period.

If you're wondering, I joined under the critical language option for MAVNI. This meant that I am fluent in a language that the U.S. Army needs/wants and thus, am eligible to enlist. I took my language test in Indonesian. That was really fun. If you would like to learn more about this program, click here: http://www.goarmy.com/benefits/additional-incentives/mavni.html

So, I really hope to be back by spring 2017 and I'm also moving my graduation date then!

Wish me luck/pray for everything to go smoothly for me as well!

Have a great rest of your day, thanks for reading this as always :) Hope you find this information useful/entertaining!

Some basic info and a recruiter's contact information.


No comments:

Post a Comment