Thursday, September 10, 2015

Exciting start to Fall!

Hi everyone!

This is Joel. I'm back and I'm so excited to begin blogging again here at PLU! For this week's blog, I will specifically talk about the first day of school, and some fun things that the new international students did on their first day!

The day started off perfectly. Morning classes were canceled for the opening convocation of fall semester. This meant that I had only one class for the day, and it was my Behavior in Organizations class (BUSA 305). I wanted to attend the opening convocation but at the same time, I needed sleep and also needed to prepare for the start of the school year.

The highlight of the day was definitely when some of the new international students decided to play soccer later in the evening! Soccer's my favorite sport, I love watching and playing soccer. But before that, I offered to take a few Danish students shopping for soccer gear!

Us at Dick's Sporting Goods (L to R: Lars, Jesper, Flemming and myself)
After that was done, we headed back to school and prepared for the big event, the soccer match itself. We had a great turnout, 12 people showed up and 9 of them were new international students. The students were mainly from Norway and Denmark, but we also had a Saudi Arabian, myself, from Malaysia and my coworker, Pape, from Senegal.

Us at half-time!
We spent a fun-filled 2 hours playing soccer, making new friends and most importantly, exercising. As a new student in a new environment, it's always great and important to stay fit and healthy. Playing a sport and having fun at the same time is an awesome way to do it. Here are some more pictures of the game! Photo credits go to Vilde Bonsak! This is my blog post for this week and I hope you had fun reading it. See you soon :)






Sincerely,
Joel Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment