Monday, September 28, 2015

Exciting Senior Year!





Dear Friends,
Welcome back to this new school year!
I am really excited to share once again my experiences with you. This being my first blog post for this school year, I wanted to welcome all the new students who joined us from different parts of the world. This year, we’ve been privileged to welcome students from Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America, and it’s been my great pleasure to meet all of them and share a bit about myself. Hopefully, I will get to know you guys more throughout this semester.



Okay, now, let’s talk about my senior life

As we all know, school just started three weeks ago, I certainly do not know how you guys might be feeling at this point, but to be honest on my side, I am starting to feel the loads of gigantic reading assignments, case studies to write, group projects etc. Of course, I am not complaining because as a student, we should be mentally ready to face these challenges, we are here to enjoy the loads!:) However, aside from these school works, I have been fortunate to be involved in numerous activities on campus which match my interest such as the Mary-Lund Davis Student Investment Fund, which allows Business students to have hands-on experience on how to buy securities and manage a student portfolio of over $160,000, and the PLU School of Business Ambassadors program, which is a group of students who serve as a liaison for all students in the school of Business, to just name a few.

Well, I feel like I have a lot on my plate for this senior year! It is also worth considering that all these activities give me the chance to network with people from different backgrounds and who share the same type of interests. This is also coupled with the fact that I have two part-time jobs on campus that I need to highly consider in my schedule. I am sure that many of you are way busier than I am, but I am also excited to make the best out of all these experiences and build connections that would facilitate later my success in the field of finance. Moreover, I am excited about this semester because I am taking classes that are mainly geared towards accelerating my path into becoming an accomplished business professional.

With an aspiration to start my career in Consulting and to become later an entrepreneur, classes like ‘Entrepreneurial Finance & Privately held firms’, or even ‘Finance Analysis & Strategy’ makes me feel like after graduation, the world of business is mine. Perhaps, I should just start my small company after graduation, but in what? To help people with what? ... Huh, who knows? As a senior, uncertainty is sadly part of my life. I wish I could answer the question “what’s next?” that many of my friends asked me daily. Of course, I do know what I want and will fight to get it, and I am sure with time, I will figure out the answer. But in the meantime, I can say, I am very positive and optimistic about the Next (future)!

Managing college life is not something easy, from meeting the deadlines of numerous activities, assignments, or even projects to adjusting to campus life can be all a bit challenging.  For this reason, regardless of which year you are: senior, junior, sophomore, or even a first year, I recommend building a strong network of support from family and friends, finding time to socialize with people because it always helps!

Similarly to my friend Joel, I've been living in Washington for the past three years and never got the chance to go the fair. As he mentioned "it's the first time that I've been to the State fair! It's a shame, I know, but hey, now I can say that I've done it!." Likewise Bro!
Here are some pictures, we took last time at the fair with some international students, enjoy!


Photo Credit: Patrick Domino, international student from Danemark

Photo Credit: Patrick Domino

Photo Credit: Joel, my co-worker


Photo Credit: Andreas Bech Thøgersen, from Danemark

Photo Credit: Patrick Domino

And of course, the bonus!



Enjoy your semester guys!

Your friend, 
Pape M. Samba


5 comments:

  1. You can get the exciting year and the other type of field with this area and maintain your life circle with the new system. Just look here and find the new blog of the student for the better purpose of the life with this section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that excitement, a lot of responsibilities are also waiting ahead and when you check over here so you come to know there a lot to do in your life to life a secure life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All you have to do is to complete your time on time and the time is there for you to try this time in the unique works for the betterment of the education system here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt the link here has the true importance for the life. You can find the better subscription with this page. Just get your deal with follow the link and find the better location. You can also enjoy the better links here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With this area of the exciting senior year, you can play your time with the proper management. You can also get best ideas here and can subscribe for the new email. Make your deal with the nice effort and enjoy the better deal.

    ReplyDelete