Sunday, October 20, 2013

What Makes Me Smile at PLU?

 "You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?"  --- Dr. Seuss
Dear friends,

Photo Credit: Shunying Wang
The first 7 weeks of the semester have passed rapidly, in a speed like a time traveler's machine. Sometimes I like to lay reminiscing about the new student orientation days like they happened not too long ago. But the reality never agrees-- it always reminds me about how many days I have already lived through and how old I have gotten. I am only 20, but it felt like forever.


Photo Credit: Shunying Wang

I love that time is often forgotten at PLU. It is ironic I know because time is also mentioned every single day -- deadlines for homework assignments, fixed time periods for courses and on-campus jobs, and scheduled times for group meetings -- we deal with time all the time. But time is often forgotten because it slips through my fingers when I get so involved with school work and activities. I never need to worry about getting bored. I am never bored.



Photo Credit: Shunying Wang
It also makes me smile when I get around people. I am a people person. Human interaction is my soul food. My days progress faster when friends are with me. When walking around campus, my favorite thing is to spot those whom I know of. Not to be creepy, but to have a little chat with you or to simply wish you a good day is all I want. My name is Shishi, or Shunying if you can remember. Please say hi to me if I didn't see you. I would love to hear about how you have been.


Photo Credit: Shunying Wang
Photo Credit: Shunying Wang
And then it is the colors of autumn. I cannot stress enough about my love and passion for season autumn.  I mention autumn leaves at least once a week. I am being repetitive and redundant I know. I don't mean to annoy anyone, but PLU has a enchantingly colorful campus in fall that is too beautiful to forget.


Photo Credit: Shunying Wang


One more week to push through, until we can officially end the first half of this semester. Good luck and good day.

Love always,

Shishi

No comments:

Post a Comment