Wednesday, September 25, 2013

5 Things I love About My Job

Hello there,

I don't know if you guys remember but I posted something about Campus Employment last year but I did not really talk about my job. For those of you who are interested in Campus Employment, please visit this link:  http://pluinternationalstudents.blogspot.com/2013/01/working-on-campus.html

However, stay tune for 5 Things I love About My Job

Thing #1: The Golden Name Tag
Can you think of a better color for a name tag? I don't think so. Even the iPhone is gold :) . At PLU, all staff, faculty members, and student employees will get their own golden name tags. We wear it with pride!




Thing #2: The $$$
Most of the positions on campus are minimum wage but did you know that minimum wage in Washington is $9.19/hr? Federal minimum wage is only $7.25/hr. And therefore, although you are making minimum wage, you still make a lot more money than a lot of other people from other states :)

The best thing about on campus employment is that if you keep the same job, they might increase your every semester. And if you are a student lead at your department, you might make more than $10/hr.

For RAs, like Loana, I know that they get paid differently than others so you might want to ask Loana more about this :) she is super friendly, she won't bite, ask her :)

Thing #3: Leadership Training
In the beginning of each year, we have Student Leader Institute (SLI) that provide us with awesome leadership training where we can meet other student leaders on campus. SLI usually lasts for 3 days. It might seem short but we've learned so much from it and I am trying my best to apply it wherever I go, not only at work, but also in class and at my internship place.

I can show you one of the interesting video we watched at SLI. The video below show us to think outside of the box, to do things that we are passionate about, and to lead others.
 
 
Photo credit: SLI. Here's the group picture of Student Leaders at SLI 2013
Thing #4: Friends and even More Friends
Part of my job is to talk to prospective students who are still in the process of choosing the best university for themselves. I talk to them on  the phone, via email or via any other social media sites out there. It is so fun to be a part of the voice of PLU to represent who we are to the new students so they can join us.

Every year, we create many on campus events so other students around the area can come and visit. We even take our own PLU Students to local community colleges for their events so we can make new friends and learn more about each other.

Orientations are the best times of the year. We do 2 orientations/year: Fall and Spring. And as you can see, I get to hang out with a lot of cool people. Besides the important stuff that i have to present at orientation, I also drive people for shopping trips and that's when all the fun begins :)

Photo credit: SLI. Intl Students Fall 2013
Thing #5: YOU GUYS, I'M FAMOUS
Just kidding, I am not actually famous. I just like to think that I am, haha. But guess what, once in a while, I get to be on brochures and flyers that the University sends out :)

With Loana and Shunying :)

Back when I was super tan
Happy Reading
I guess what I am trying to say is that it is easy to get a job but it's hard to keep doing what you're doing if you're not passionate about what you do. Find the things you love about your job and think about them when time gets hard. I think it's the easiest way to get me motivated and I hope you can find at least 5 things you love about your job.

Thanks for sparing your time on my post :)
Henry

5 comments:

  1. IF you are not passionate of your job so you need to go to the website and find the best one for you as this can change you mind and your learning behavior as well to make you relaxed all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see the five things in this passage and can enjoy the real ideas from this blog. You can also see the list of the International students and can get the best pattern of all the time with the link of read this to find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you enjoy your job, you can click for info that how to enjoy your job because everything is in your hands and you need to understand what are those steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you enjoy your job as you are satisfied with your life as well and this creates a difference in our minds so we can get help from http://www.bestresumeformat.tips/resume-format-2016-tips-and-trends to make our future plans in a more effective way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The things that matters in your job is your mental and spiritual satisfaction as here in your job you need to be focused all the time and give your complete consideration as well.

    ReplyDelete