Friday, October 18, 2019

Guest Blog: Risa's Summary of PLU Experience

Hi, this is Risa.
I'm a transfer student from Japan. I used to go to a university in North Carolina.
I'm going to talk about what I experienced here and how I liked PLU.

Sweet Professors, Students, and Environment in PLU🎓


First of all, I love PLU's classes!

They are a small size, less than 40 people. One of the reasons I came to PLU was to take small-size classes close to a large city.

It is easy to give their opinions and the professors always try to remember students' names. International students sometimes take time to understand a class because of their culture or language. They are willing to help us when we need help.

In addition, in the class there are many students having different backgrounds-- sex, age, color, beliefs... All of them are open to something different from themselves. I'm comfortable in the environment as a minority. Since I came to PLU, I appreciate all of them and the time of studying without any problems.

Fun Events Provided by ISS🎉


I attended some events by International Student Services (ISS).

Football game at University of Washington


We went to the match between UW and Arizona State. My friend and I were not familiar with the rules of football. I still remember we searched on phone and discussed what happened in the game at that time. After the trip, I began understanding the rules and finally enjoying it!

Seattle Chocolate Factory tour


We went to a factory of Seattle Chocolate. We saw how to make chocolates, and tried several kinds of chocolates. Seattle Chocolate is one of the most famous companies in Seattle. We were able to have an experience related to here. In exchange for it, we couldn't stop buying souvenirs though...


Precious Treasures I Got at PLU❤️


Sometimes I'm stressed out for some reasons. The reason why I'm enjoying the college life is because I have met many friends.

They sometimes show me around the city, sometimes help me with my homework, and sometimes drink together 😂

I can't be much happier to meet special, precious friends in my life.


That's all what I have here so far. I still have a year till graduation.

Can't wait to see more fun events then!!

Your friend,
Risa

No comments:

Post a Comment