Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Starting My Last Semester at PLU


I just started my last full semester at PLU a few weeks ago! Fall New Student Orientation was a success! We had a great group of students from countries such as Norway, Denmark, Saudi Arabia, China, France, Japan, South Africa, and a few other countries. Though we had many information heavy sessions that were important, we also had opportunities to have fun and get to know each other. I had a really awesome orientation group, and I'm happy that I got to hangout with these new students for my last orientation!


My orientation group! Photo credit to Frances Steelquist :D
Although I will here for J-term finishing my last P.E. class, I decided to not come back for the Spring semester as I originally planned since I realized that I will be done with my required 128 credit hours a semester early. However, since I am done with all my requirements for my psychology degree including my senior Capstone, I am only taking 13 credits and finishing my last Gen Ed classes. I'm taking Religion 331 (New Testament Studies), Anthropology 101 (Introduction to Human Biodiversity), Sociology 495 (Internship for Sociology), and saxophone quartet.




Since I do not have an academically demanding semester and am not involved in music as I used to be during previous semesters, I decided to give athletics a try and join the Women's Rowing Team. Though I've never rowed before, my high school cross country coach's daughter rowed for Seattle Pacific University, and he encouraged me to join rowing when he heard that I was planning on attending PLU. However, since I knew that I was going to be busy with classes, music, and work, I decided not to participate in athletics my first three years. So when I realized that I was going to have an easier semester, I decided to go for it and try it out. Rowing practice started this week, and I am really happy with the choice I made! Even though I know that it's not going to be easy, I really missed being part of a team and I'm glad I get to do this one last time before I graduate PLU. Though part of me wishes that I decided to join earlier, I'm really excited to see where this semester will take me as I get ready to apply for graduate schools and jobs.




I hope everyone has a good semester!


Loana

No comments:

Post a Comment