Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Guest blog series: Looking back PLU journey with Tiffany!


Welcome back to the guest blog series everyone 😆! Today we have Tiffany Huang, one of the senior graduating in May 2019 to share about her experience at PLU after she transferred here two years ago. Enjoy the blog 🤗🤗🤗!

"Coming to the US alone to study challenged me to get out of my comfort zone. Looking back at my experience at PLU, it turned out to be the right choice for me. I enjoyed the small classes where I got the chance to know my professors, to work with classmates in small groups, and to explore new ideas through research. I also enjoyed the great events for international students where I could make friends from all over the world and learned to value more about different cultures.


Before I came here, I knew nothing about cooking. Now I make three meals a day for myself. Before I came here, I thought I was not really bad at sports. After I joined the “Vegetables” soccer and basketball teams for the intramural, and played volleyball, tennis and ping pong with my friends, I realized I’m not good at any sports.
Also, when ISS took us to Crystal Mountain to ski, all I remembered was I kept falling down and screaming, which really stressed my friends out.

Before I came here, I had never expected I would learn Arabic language one day. For one of my projects in the international business class, I learned how to greet people in Arabic language and how their culture is different from my own culture. All of these experience brought me great memories. I really enjoy my student life at PLU. I appreciated that we have the multicultural studying environment.

These days my Japanese friend Yohei is learning Chinese. He always tries to speak to me and text me in Chinese. Every time when I call him, he will answer his phone with “”, which we say as “hello” when we answer the phone. I think it is very funny. I am also studying Korean with my American friend these days. As an international student, I feel like I can hear different languages and cultural stories around me every day at PLU.

I am graduating soon, so I try to spend more time with my friends and try to have some new experience. I know I will miss the time I had at PLU. I hope all the international students can enjoy their time here and have many interesting and meaningful experience. I wish you all the best."

Good luck with midterms everyone ~ 🍀🍀🍀 You can do it! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

No comments:

Post a Comment