Friday, December 14, 2018

Guest blog series: Paphawee and her Thanksgiving in Alaska🤩🤩

Hello everyon🤗 ~ I hope you all did well on your finals and are ready for the break now more than ever 😎😏. It has been a really busy semester but we now come back to our guest blog series with Paphawee Chungtrakool 🥰. Even though Thanksgiving has been passed for a while, it's still really excited to read about Paphawee's experience in Alaska during this family time 😍. Not gonna make anyone wait any longer, this is her blog!

"This year thanksgiving I decided to take on an adventure with my cousin to visit his family in Alaska. I was way over packed because I was afraid that it was going to be so cold that I would shivered till my bones. Luckily, it wasn’t that bad. The trip lasted five days so a short but very fulfilling one nevertheless.

My cousin and I flew from Seattle Airport to Anchorage, Alaska which took us about three hours to get there. Once we got there, his mom and sister picked us up and we head to get supper at a restaurant called Firetap Alehouse. This is where I got my first legal drink!


The second day of break we decided to just sit back and relax at the house. My amazing aunt and uncle decided to cook a homemade formal thanksgiving dinner for me. It was definitely an awesome experience. The food was so delicious that I overate. The whole family, including me, wasn’t a huge fan of pumpkin pie so we had tiramisu instead.

The third day was a combination of shopping in  downtown Anchorage. The mall was called 5th Avenue Mall and my cousin stopped at a park where you used to play and hangout with his friends in the old days. I do have to be honest that coming from a very hot country, Thailand, and to see people ice skating on a frozen pond is very unreal and exciting as well.


This is the picture I took when we were driving around the neighborhood! The view is unimaginably gorgeous that my iphone definitely didn’t do justice.




This was a picture of me sitting by the world’s largest chocolate fountain at Alaska Wild Berry Products. The shop was very cute and cozy with many souvenirs. I bought back mugs and chocolate. The chocolate was very tastely! Especially the dark chocolate mint.  


The last place I went was a ski town called Girdwood. My cousin and I decided to take a Picture of a random snowmen. Girdwood is a beautiful small town where people from all over the world or people from Anchorage comes to have a mini escape from the real world. It is very peaceful and with beautiful mountains.


Thank you for reading my mini trip to Alaska!
Happy Holidays and be safe!!"

Merry X-Mas🎄and Happy New Year🎇🎆!!






No comments:

Post a Comment