Monday, February 17, 2014

Child Abuse: A much needed course

Hi all,

So this is it. My very last semester as an undergrad student at PLU (I might come back here for graduate school but we'll see, I need to earn some money first). Since this is my final semester and the nursing program only offers 10 credits, I decided to take some other courses to be full time and to learn more about things outside of Nursing.

From Nursing and Non-Nursing friends, I've heard so much about the class "Issues of Child Abuse and Neglect" and I could not stop myself from signing up for that class.

The course is 1 credit and is taught in 2 Saturdays (8:30am - 3:30 pm). If you are an undergraduate student, you take it by signing up for EDUC 320 and if you're a graduate student, yours should be EDUC 520.

The binder for the class. You can buy this binder at Garfield Bookstore

I do honestly believe that no matter what your major is or where you will end up working, the issues of Child Abuse and Neglect are always around us but sometimes, they are hidden too well and this course will help you recognize what is out there and what you can do to help.

This class is awesome because it not only covers child abuse and neglect issues but also issues regarding bullying and mental health. You turn on the TV, open a newspaper, or go on any news websites these days, it is not hard to see these things happen everyday. Go to Google and type key words such as "child abuse", "bullying", "cyberbullying", "gay teen", "transgender", "hazing", etc... I am quite sure Google will show you daily news about these things.

To be honest, the course has helped me so much with my experience working in the hospital. However, it also brought to my attention so many issues out there that are extremely painful to watch and makes me afraid to have children of my own.

I do hope that things will get better and we as human will treat one another better. When Actress Ellen Page came out, she said "This world would be a whole lot better if we just made a effort to be less horrible to one another". Until then, I'm playing my part by encouraging you guys to take courses like this one. I do believe that education and knowledge will lead us to a better life, hence, help us make a difference in someone else's life as well.




6 comments:

  1. This carta research training institute is a centre in Africa and it research on medical field etc.For more details click here and et us know if you are interested in it so the process may proceed and you alo get a chance to study. It is a African company and advanced from others in many ways one should love working in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video are exceptionally astounding and valuable now numerous young ladies get the indications that how they clean their rooms in light of the fact that your video helps as the guider and it's great website http://midwiferyapplication.com/midwifery-personal-statement-examples-ucas/ likewise give the manual for the young ladies in this issue. Presently I should utilize the your example to clean my room since it's a simple and great way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presently individuals regularly like workstations in light of the fact that such machines are anything but difficult to apply and clean to convey. The Mac workstations are very valuable for us on this control on the off chance that we do http://www.nursingresearch.biz/rn-writing-services/ work in our site. Such workstations are currently to be had in the commercial center in an absolutely regular prize for us on the grounds that normally people are really the utilization of PCs in their work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, generally people quit getting preparing in the wake of going from the school and http://www.personalstatementreview.com/hire-the-best-personal-statement-editor/ to do a couple of jobs anyway they ought to continue encourage guidance and endeavor to get propelled instruction. they should dream high and try to turn them really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is actually very good article you have shared about child abuse and neglect issues. As well as you have provided great experience about the important course. Also you can get more information from our literature review writing services and students should get wonderful knowledge by read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete