Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Coffee Experience

One day, my dad called me and asked, "do you think you are involved in American culture already? I didn't know how to answer him at that moment. On that day, my friend and I went to Starbucks and ordered my favorite Vanilla Latte.  I was sitting at the counter at the cafe and was still thinking about that question. My friend wanted to know what I was thinking and asked me, "why don't you drink tea at home instead of drinking coffee here?"

Suddenly, I knew how to answer my dad. Yes, I was involved. I like drinking coffee right now.  I still remember a few weeks after I went to school I saw lots of classmates liked drinking coffee in class. I wanted to try it, but I didn't know how to order,  so I ended up just following one person and repeating what she said. To this day, I don't know what kind of coffee I drank that day.

Small things make me have a big idea of life. I really know what "Do in Rome as Romans do" means right now.

By Meng

No comments:

Post a Comment